With this test you can check your central vision. You should use the Amsler grid to test your central vision changes that may be caused by worsening age-related macular degeneration (AMD) or other macular disorders.
Follow these steps while looking at the grid on the next page:
1. If you usually wear reading glasses, put them on to take this test.
2. Hold the Grid at a normal reading distance, about 12 – 14 inches away from your face.
3. Using only your right eye (left eye closed), look at the dot in the center of the grid.
Make sure that you can see the entire grid.
4. If any of the lines in the grid look distorted, blurry, or missing, write down what you see.
5. Repeat these steps with your left eye while your right eye is closed.